View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 06:04 PM  
Murmel
Newborn Pup

Default Re: What should I do?

That's what I found out as well! A hamster owner who had cared for maybe 5 hamsters in the past told me how great Carefresh was, since I am slightly allergic to hemp and how good it was supposed to be for your hammies as it was, according to them, paperbased and dust free. So thank you for your backing up information and telling me that Cypher, and thanks for your reply Ponymad!
On a side note, Murmel is still shaking his body a lot from time to time.
I noticed yesterday as well that his house seemed really dusty and gross, I don't know how I didn't see that, maybe because I was preoccupied with the bedding and him being unwell. It had shed hair inside and bedding pieces of carefresh stuck in its walls. Can't have been there for a long time, since I checked when I changed the bedding and it wasn't like that. I tried cleaning it today, but then noticed a NAIL(?) that had been randomly stuck into the house wall, just across from the entry way, that had probbaly been making its way out for a while now until it could finally be seen. It looked too dangerous to put back in, even if I didn't want to stress him, so I put in his new house already. He was still shaking his body and grooming himself a lot, so I hope that I have eliminated all sources of danger in his cage with it. If it does not help either, I'm changing the sand bag.
Because besides that, I got no other ideas. he seems bothered by something in his fur if anything, and he did sneeze before changing his bedding, so the last idea I'd have is either the house is still an issue, his sandbath or because he is restless. He tends to shake his fur when he is restless as well.
I hate that everything is just coming together right now. The house, the bedding, but.. The house had to go, I let him run in his outside area for a bit while changing it, as kind of a compensation because he seemed more energetic today and as if he actually wanted to go, so I thought it might be less stressful that way than having a hand come from above, take all your things and put that new thing inside your cage...
Well, he wanted to go, he didn't want to hop back into his transport box at all, so I let him go around for about an hour until he was finally ready to go back, also just to see how well he was doing.
Just hope I didn't overstress him with all this, he is eating fine and drinking, but he did sneeze like 4 times.
Hasn't sneezed once the last 2 hours though, so maybe I'm just paranoid as hell right now. I can hear nomming noises from inside his new house.
For the future as well though, are there any other things you know of, that hamsters are more prone to react badly to? Maybe some that you wouldn't easily find on the internet searching for it?
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote