View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 09:24 AM  
BorisPasha
PM Fluffy for custom title

Angry Important info - Burgess hamster foods

I came across somebody saying today on instagram that Burgess were no longer producing the dwarf hamster mix. I decided to get in contact with Burgess myself to make sure it wasn't some internet rumour and unfortunately it is true.

This is the message I got from them today:-

"Burgess have discontinued the Dwarf Hamster food as based on research and observation Burgess Pet Care believe that selective feeding occurs across all species and this may have an impact on the health and welfare of the animals. With this in mind we are in the process of discontinuing all of our muesli style products and replacing them with single component nuggets.

For any species there is a range of nutrient intakes between the minimum and maximum that will deliver the correct level of nutrition and taking this into account it is possible to formulate one product which is suitable for Dwarf Hamsters, Hamsters, Gerbils and Mice. We have also taken care to ensure that the nugget size is acceptable to all the species

We do have some stocks of the old Dwarf Hamster product available and you can either purchase this direct from our website or find a local stockist, see below link you can pop your postcode in and it generates names addresses and telephone numbers of stockists in your area."

https://shop.burgesspetcare.com/othe...593.1404731135

So it would seem from this email that there will be only the pellet food to cover all hamsters, gerbils and mice.

I'm a bit disappointed by this news really as I never feel that pellets allow them to forage very well and they're not the most interesting. I'm all for pellet based food for very fussy hamsters but it's a shame they couldn't have introduced that to their range and maybe made the dwarf mix a little more interesting and varied.

Anyway just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone wants to get their supplies up

Bossed around by Artie, Spartacus, Snapdragon, Feliks, Veikko & Delphia.
Boris, Pasha, Jaska & Max playing at the rainbow bridge, forever loved.

https://www.instagram.com/wehave3hamsters/
BorisPasha is offline   Reply With Quote