View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 03:33 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: From the Ferplast Mary to the Barney.

It's a great upgrade. I did a similar upgrade from a Savic Mickey 2XL to a Barney (I think the Savic cage is the same size as the Mary). I also had issues fitting a large wheel in the Savic cage.

20cm extra doesn't sound much but the Barney is also deeper - about 54cm deep and it makes a big difference to the amount of floorspace - you can get a lot more in and get it in easily with room to spare. The shelf and house are great too.

Does your 12" spinner work? They were supposed to have problems - being stiff and not spinning well - unless you have the older version!

I also like the two front doors on the barney - I have a large cork log in front of one of mine and our hammy climbs it to come out of one of the small doors. I use the top door and a small side door for two handed "sorting things" in the cage.

Depending on the hamster, they can feel a bit more exposed with the extra height - I have a couple of rat sputniks in mine which give some cover as well as the shelf and the large tunnel.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote