View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 04:54 AM  
Murmel
Newborn Pup

Default Re: What should I do?

Update: So, we were at the Vet. She knows my little dude, and he is pretty genious at remembering people, so he was actually more curious than stressed when we came in, even stuck out his head to say hi. She took a good look at him and said that he had in fact a runny nose, so she gave me antibiotics for the next week, one drop a day, and asked me to give an update on friday. I love that specific vet, because they actually care for every animal they get and everyone working there is so sweet. She gave him the first drop of Antibiotics and was actually off searching for a treat afterwards because he.. really does NOT like antibiotics haha. the moment she came near him with the medicine, he smelled it and ran to me burrowing his head in my sweater, like "if I can't see you you can't see me either!"
I decided, because he gets stressed a lot if given to him directly, that I would give him the antibiotics in his morning baby food. It's been a routine between us since the heatwave in summer, so he knows when he gets it and is most days already waiting. He was really excited, ran out and licked on the food. Then shook himself and ran back into his house. He REALLY hates antibiotics, have I already said that? So I moved the spoon closer to his house and just talked to him. In the end, he did clatter his teeth grumpily, but he ate everything, most likely only to get his healthy treat I always give him afterwards. But he ate it, so I am relieved I can give it to him that way.
Since his sniffles weren't bad yet, he should recover soon. Thanks for your replies, really )
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote