View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 09:05 AM  
buttercuplols
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Where to get bin for bin cage uk

Hi. I'm a noob to this bin cage setup too.

I have bought the 84lt RUB from Argos in Truro, Cornwall at £18.00 as a starter home for my Syrian (who has yet to arrive) and plan to get the 145lt in the future and attach the two together so this one will become the loft (not sure quite how yet).

In my ancient past experience my Syrians have been overwhelmed by such a huge space when new so I know my initial setup is considered a bit too small but it won't be for long in case anyone is worried that it will be a permanent situation!

My main point is that I've never had a RUB box before and, assuming the larger one is the same build, it seems ideal! The inside is straight all the way down as other posters have said, it is super sturdy, and all the reinforced edges that stick out at funny angles are on the outside so no chew risk that I can see.

I would highly recommend although my nonexistent as of now hamster can't vouch for that opinion quite yet.

Another good point to make is that my local Argos stocks the other sizes too or you can click and collect and save on postage for such a bulky item. I don't drive so pick-up was a deciding factor. The UK, especially where I live, seems to be lacking in physical shops you can buy suitable items. I've spent hours upon hours looking into this exact thing!

Hope this helps and nice to 'meet' you. And good luck!

Lx
buttercuplols is offline   Reply With Quote