View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 01:12 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Suitable Wheel Ikea Detolf

Ah! If you reall want the Silent runner - then maybe get it. I have to say mine has lasted over two years with no issues - unlike other wheels I've had which have broken. So maybe it's worth the price for the longevity (but don't submerge the bearings in water!). In that case two options - either a taller lid (I would still make two lids for ease of access - one flat and one raised. Or - the option I mentioned earlier about fixing the wheel to the end of the detolf. It's designed to be fixed to things instead of using the stand and the kit is good - two large plates to secure either side of a long bolt. It's a different bolt to the one that screws the wheel to the stand - but it is just a bolt! With a black plastic cap on the end - you could take the black plastic cap off and fix it on the end of any length bolt you want.

I think that's what I'd do If I wanted a Silent runner in a detolf. I am not so sure about the taller lids - stability and ease of access. But if you're good at that kind of thing it could be nice
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote