Thread: Top 5 buys?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 02:33 PM  
Ponymad2104
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Top 5 buys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
They sound great too Although the climbing ladder with the hammock isn't safe. Anything with rungs is a bit dangerous for hammies and the fabric of the hammock can be chewed and them get threads round their legs and teeth. Obviously you know your hamster and can keep an eye on things but there have been accidents with those climbing ladders with hammocks. I took mine out when I saw our hamster jump off it and catch his leg. There are stories of hamsters hanging by a broken leg! From the chains usually.

Sorry to put a damper on that! My experience is they only climb to see if they can get to the top and escape! And are basically ground dwellers, but they do like different levels so a platform or shelf is better - the sputniks are great too - I had a long rat tube tied to the roof leading from the sputnik to the shelf on the other side which gave a whole second level without any falls or legs getting caught
Ooh! I didn't know that! Thank you! I did wonder about chewing the fabric but he's leaving that alone at the moment, however I have removed it, it's not worth the risk!

He seems to like being up high strangely!

Last edited by Ponymad2104; 10-16-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Ponymad2104 is offline   Reply With Quote