View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:51 AM  
Dpsmith
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Help Me, Poorly Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by souffle View Post
I'm sorry your hammy is so poorly. He is quite old for a hammy and at this age their immune systems are not so good and they tend to get infections.
That looks like a nasty infection there and it could be an abcess or even a tumour that is breaking down. I would take him to the vets and see what they say. It may be treatable with some antibiotics or it may be that he is in pain and you have to make a decision based on your love for him. I hope he can be seen very soon x
Thank you for your love & support.. I’ve spoken to a vets and been told to salt water bathe his wound and I’m taking him on Saturday to get antibiotics if the salt water isn’t working. I’m so sad I just want him to feel better he’s like my little baby. He doesn’t seem like he’s in pain but I don’t know the signs that show he’s in pain. He’s still being a little piggy eating everything and he’s drinking water, the only difference is that he’s not as active in his cage but it’s much colder here so I will just have to wait and see

Thank you again ❤️
Dpsmith is offline   Reply With Quote