View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 12:09 AM  
randomthing42
Newborn Pup

Default Taming going slow?

I have had my hamster since August 23rd and started taming her since August 30th. I just started on Monday to put her in the bath to be tamed which was good because everytime she went in the tube, I lifted her up and put her on me to walk out onto my hand. After around 10mins I got her out and put her back. (This was around 9:30pm) Tuesday when she came out at 8:30 she went in her sand bath but went behind her wheel and didnt go in her tunnel at all, this happens quite frequently but usually she will come out for food then go back. Yesterday she did the same but I wanted her to go in the bath so I waited until 10:30 for her to go in her tube which she eventually did when I moved the wheel. However in the bath she just seemed quite nervous and pacing but she came on my hands a few times which was good but now she just seems a little more scared of me, she wont bother to come out for food unless its close to her. (This was kind of happening before I put her in the bath too) People say that putting them in the bath helps but it seems to do the opposite for me which is annoying as I stay up 8:30 - 10:30 every night for her. Is there anything I can do to be better?
randomthing42 is offline   Reply With Quote