View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 01:50 AM  
MeganAndMisty
Hamster Pup

Default ~Little Miss Mabel's Thread!~

Hi everyone, I might have done something... I might have of gotten another hamster?

I honestly wasn't expecting to get another hamster, especially so quickly after Bambi passed away. A part of me feels really guilty for getting a new hamster so quickly, but having Mabel here has honestly helped me a lot. I'm still missing Bambi so much though.

Anyway, my sister is the one who bought Mabel for me. I originally wanted to adopt a hamster from someone who was moving to collage and re homing theirs but by the time I called up they'd already found it another home, which I guess is a good thing. So we decided that we would go to Pets at Home and see if they had and dwarf hamsters there. Unfortunately they didn't have and hamster up for adoption, they had the two cutest gerbils though. So in the end we just decided to buy a hamster.

Her name is Mabel, she is a female (I haven't double checked yet but the lady in the shop had a look) Hybrid hamster and we think she is about 6 - 8 weeks old, though I'm not completely sure because I completely forgot to ask! And we brought her home on Thursday 4th October.

She's very friendly however she is still a little bit shy. She's been taking treats off me already and this morning she sat on my hand for a little bit. I haven't tried to pick her up or stroke her yet though as she's still a bit jumpy.
She has a really pretty coat she's mostly black but she has little grey patches on her with a little bit of white by her mouth and under her chin!

Hopefully I can get some pictures of her soon but I think she still needs to settle for a little longer first.
MeganAndMisty is offline   Reply With Quote