View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 02:32 PM  
adrien
Newborn Pup

Default Re: advice? he hates coming out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Do you have a photo of your cage set up? I was just wondering if there might be somethings that could help make it more interesting for him without scaring him too much but it's hard to know really without seeing it.
It can be difficult, it's not that unusual for some to not want out of cage time but I can understand how frustrating it must be if he seems to be getting bored.
Which sand have you been using? If he reacts even to good sand that would be a shame as it is quite important for them to have it, robos probably more than the other dwarf species, it might be worth trying something different.

This is the best picture I can find of his setup, and it's actually out of date. The box in the back has been replaced with a snak shack log. His ceramic cup barely visible in bottom left. Castle barely visible bottom right.

I have versele-laga chinchilla bathing sand. I think some people have suggested playground sand because of the dustiness of chinchilla sand, but I hesitate to try it since he's already had pink eye twice

I know he LOVES sand, and it keeps him in really good condition, so I would hate to have to take it away from him, but when I tried putting some in in a little container to take out later, he freaked out and ran away.

He's very particular, and I just want to do right by him ughhhh.
adrien is offline   Reply With Quote