View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 09:21 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Liquorice

Thank you Souffle, cypher, Sasha04, mangoandmimi, Rads, Coco61, astrid, JennySTL and Josie for your warm welcome to Liquorice - she happy with all the compliments she received. I am so happy I followed my heart and brought her home - she is so beautiful and I'm so looking forward to discovering her quirks - I already found out is she loves food and also mealworms.

Sasha04, The camera I use is a Canon PowerShot SX530HS - on the macro setting.

Taming Diaries

Day 2 – Taming went a lot better that it did on Saturday, Liquorice was much more relaxed and looked more comfortable in the playpen. I did decided that it might be best for Liquorice to reduce the size of the playpen a bit and also I decided to remove the extendable tube in the hope she would explore a bit more. Well it worked! Liquorice was so at ease which lead her to explore every inch of the playpen and all her new toys and actually looked like she was enjoying herself especially as on Saturday she looked petrified. I did get really worried at one point as during her playpen session a lot of power tool noises started outside but they didn’t even phase her in the slightest although if I made a minute movement she would freeze and stare at me! Liquorice also got curious at one point and when standing upon her bendy bridge she could reach the top of smaller panels of her playpen – I offered her my hand but she ran off – although didn’t hide but continued exploring. Liquorice found comfort inside the ceramic pineapple hideaway and buried the treat I scattered around the playpen in there plus had a washed and started looking really cute. I just had to get some photos and she was more than happy to pose for the camera plus show of her adorable tummy – isn’t it adorable!

I also decided it might be best to move where I had Liquorice cage in my bedroom – as space is quite limited her cage was on the floor not too far from my door and she started to get spooked whenever I walked past. So decided it would be best to re-arrange my room slightly so Liquorice cage is on the table where Treacle’s was. Liquorice is much more happier and relaxed – she even was jumping up and down the side last night with me sitting not too far away from her cage – when she would normally be in her wheel or if she knew I was nearby hiding.
Liquorice also got some Roast chicken to try alongside her piece of carrot which she thoroughly enjoyed!

Day 3 – Taming went really well today Liquorice is enjoying her time in the playpen more and is getting really comfortable with exploring. A few times she did brave coming to the side of the playpen where I was sitting and I offered my hand to her to sniff on the other side of the bars – at one point when standing on one of her toys almost braved climbing onto my hand but sniffed instead and decided it was a bit too scary for her at the moment. I am so proud of the progress she has made since Saturday a drastic improvement. Liquorice also spent more time exploring and having fun today so much so that she didn’t want to go back in her cage. I have also noticed that she isn’t entirely a fearful hamster just unsure of the unknown – mainly me!
Liquorice was also happy to pose for some photos during today’s taming session and plus her investigating on of her toys and enjoying the sand …

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote