View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 06:52 PM  
MeganAndMisty
Hamster Pup

Default Re: ~Bambi's Thread~

Hello everyone! I know I haven't posted in a while as I haven't really had anything to update on until now. I have been keeping up with everyone's threads though
Bambi is doing better, my mum had to take him to the vets for me. I was out of town staying with my auntie when she called me saying that Bambi had taken a small fall from the top of one of his houses and it looked like he was having trouble with one of his back legs. I was obviously really worried since he is kind of old now and since he'd never fell before.
As my aunties house is quite far away from mine, and it would take me hours to get back home, we decided that it wasn't worth risking it and waiting for me to come home so she took him to the vets for me.

Thankfully nothing was broken, and Bambi has since made a full recovery and he has been fine since. I ended up taking the house out of his cage just in case he decided he try and climb it again, but Bambs definitely seems to have learned his lesson so hopefully we won't be having anymore vet visits anytime soon!

Bambi is really starting to get older, he will be two years old next month. In the last few weeks it seems like all at once he's calmed down a lot. It's almost like someones just flicked a switch, he still chooses to come out for playtime almost every night. However, he hardly plays with any of his toys or puzzles anymore which is really sad to see. Instead he spends most of his time outside of his cage cuddled up to me giving me kisses or sleeping in the pocket of my house coat - that seems to be his new favourite place.
The last few days he hasn't been coming out of his cage much, I've moved him back into my room so I can keep an eye on him during the night. It seems the only time he leaves his nest is when he wants food or water, or very rarely, he'll go and have a little play in his sand box. He's still more than happy to take treats and let me stroke him but he seems to have lost interest in most of his toys. Though tonight he did have a go on his wheel for a while. He's eating and drinking fine he still LOVES whenever I give him pasta, he literally goes crazy for it so I guess some things never change.
It so crazy to think that he'll be two soon it feels like I just got him home yesterday Anyway, I hope that you've all been well, and all of your hams too of course.
(P.S I gave Bambs some baby food earlier and he got absolutely COVERED in it! )
MeganAndMisty is offline   Reply With Quote