View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 03:53 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: The Metallica Chronicles

Charlotte is growing well now and is of a similar size to Victoria. She's been practising her stashing and nest building which will be a useful skill if things go well as she will be up for breeding soon. Unfortunately Cora's diabetes has meant that I'm going to have to delay using Jack and Alex for a bit longer in the hope that they avoid the condition. However their father, Lord James seems like he might still be up to the task and has been proven to be effective. Lord James has another wife lined up in addition to Charlotte making Charlotte and this other girl, his fifth and sixth wives.

Diabetic Cora is still going, still being busy and hasn't really got worse since developing diabetes and now we've found a food she'll east, she seems happy. Unfortunately Lucas, who arrived at Metallica just a month ago developed diabetes not long after his arrival here. He's only four months old and is already ketonic so has less of a positive prognosis. He will never make the show team or be used in breeding, which is a shame because he's a nice looking lad who could have brought some nice features back into my breeding lines. The show team is in the hands of Jack, Alex, Ben and Charlotte with Juno and Joshua as reserves.

Here's a couple of pictures...

Charlotte:
charlotte by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Cora:
cora by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Lucas:
lucas by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

I was looking through some photos yesterday and I found this one of Matthew when he was 4 weeks old with one of his brothers.

littlematt by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Even as a baby, he had a cheeky face and it's a face that I'm missing every time I go into the hamster room.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote