View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 02:59 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Cage for Syrian recommendations/experiences

Agree with Barney, Alexander and Savic Plaza being the popular ones for a Syrian. The Mamble was very popular for a while but there are safety risks with the height - it can get expensive fitting lots of shelves to avoid this - and have heard it's a pig to put together! But mainly there are other choices. The Savic Plaza is a great cage for a Syrian - not as tall as the Mamble and has a large front opening door. It costs £75.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pe...r-and-rat-cage

The Barney is the cheapest 100cm cage at £45 ish which is good value and it comes with a good shelf and a good sized house for a Syrian. The wheel is also 8" so ok as a starter wheel but a bit flimsy. I think it works out cheaper than the Alaska as the Alaska needs a house buying and maybe even another shelf as the plastic one is supposed to be a bit flimsy. I have the Barney for our Syrian but if I was getting a cage now I'd get the Savic Plaza. The Alexander is also great and not as deep/bulky as the Barney. The Savic Plaza and Alexander are basically the same dimensions but the Alexander has the sloping top.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote