Thread: Boy or girl
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 05:11 AM  
Baron
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Boy or girl

I've heard boys seem to be more mellow and less destructive, even happier with an 80 by 50 cm cage. The difference was most notable in two sort of rescues I've had. Both of them were over a year old when I got them. One was a boy, the other a girl. In this case it turned out to be true. They were kept in cages of about 55 cm with nothing more thena house, a wheel and food and water.

The boy was very mellow, relaxed and likes to taking it easy. He didn't barchew in his new cage. (A Criceti 15) He just liked walking around, gather food and performed normal hamster behaviours. He also liked lap time and just taking things slowly.

The girl? Nope, her new 80 by 50 cm cage turned out to be to tiny for her. She loves racing in the playpen and got a 100 cm cage. That made her more relaxed but still, bar chewing and climbing, really wanted to get out. After some play time all was well.

So I guess in this case it's true. But every hamster is an individual. Guess it just depends on a lot of factors.
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote