View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 03:49 AM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Sleep tight Jasper 27/04/16-09/06/18

Thank you all very much. It means so much to me that you all took the time to reply to this thread .

I am hoping to get a new hamster within the next few days. My plan is to drive around all the local Pets At Home adoption centres with my dad until I find the one. I don't feel like waiting for a breeder this time around and I think most rescues (e.g. RSPCA) have very few hamsters or are quite far away. At least this way there is more choice and I can help a hamster have a better life (I think most hamsters in rescues or from good breeders end up going to good homes but I could be wrong).

I have set up my Savic Plaza Knockdown but I'm wondering if a hamster might be more comfortable settling into the Ikea Billy and then being upgraded?

I've ordered another Trixie wheel (I binned both of Jasper's old wheels - Comfort Wheel and Trixie) but at some point I do want to get the Silent Runner, maybe after my birthday when I have more savings. I do want to get a couple more toys since I ended up binning quite a lot (all my cardboard toys and some of my wooden toys and anything that had wee stains or was in Jasper's cage when he died. The decorator also put shampoo and conditioner sideways in one of the toy boxes so quite a few got ruined there as well). I spent ages last week building a large Puzzle Playground as a kingdom. I forgot how fiddly they are! I put lots of exits in though and I never put base panels in so I can lift it up/hamster can tunnel/won't get ruined by a hoard/toilet. I got lucky and managed to find a set with about 40 pieces for £6 at some random pet shop.

I think my next update will hopefully be when I have a new furry friend .