View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 01:37 PM  
Mortal
Newborn Pup

Question Winter white dwarf

Hello everyone. Im still a beginner on having hamster. Recently ive bought a couple of dwarf winter white hamsters, male and female. I used to keep them both together in a same cage. They were all fine and always get along with each other even though there was some playful fights.

After a month, i found the female hamster gave birth. On the same day i made some adjustment for the wellbeing of the baby hamsters. For example adding some unscented tissues for the mom to create nest for the babies. I also did separate the male hamster to avoid repregnancy. I placed the male hamster on a different cage.

After a week ago, when i was feeding both the hamsters separately, i just wanted to let them both meet each other again and hv some good time together. So i placed both of them in a box cover. The next second i put them together, the female hamster run on to the male hamster and started fighting very aggressively. I swear ive nvr seen them fight like that before. I freaked out and wanted to seperate them both. It was quite hard as they were fighting aggressively. Finally i managed to seperate them but my finger got bitten by the female hamster. I placed them back on their respective cages and washed the wound.

Now my biggest worry is that can i even put them back again on a same cage? As i can see the female hamster reacted very aggressively towards the male, im afraid it will lead to a serious injury on them if i put them back together. Pls advise me on this.

Besides, im planning on buying a big aquarium tank soon to make them bigger space and let the male, female and the babies together. Is this a good idea?
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote