View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 07:33 AM  
Biscuit123
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Switch (the story of two hams)

This is back at to star dusts view.

ATTACK :CHAPTER THREE

The cat for a split second looked as though he was going to run and all would be okay, no such luck. He took aim to the nearest hamster who just so happened to be Opal. what happened to grandma was still burned fresh in my mind but none the less I still had survival instinct. I grabbed Opal and we started running to our burrow

I still saw every hamster I knew and loved running in fear but as much as it hurt I knew I couldn't save them all. Opal was squeaking I was too scared to make any noise. We finally reached our burrow many hamsters in our tribe had the same idea and it was packed, me and Opal were able to squeeze in though.

I gasped as soon as I got in and quickly left Opal side in search of my father there was mostly silence but also some whispering, things like "what's going on?" And "daddy died I saw him the cat grabbed him by the neck!" I went in search of my own father. He was huddled in a corner answering questions of confused and angry hamsters. I didn't even bother for him to pause, "Father is mother safe?" He nodded "yes she's healing the wounded." Wounded, I gulped.

Every movement in the burrow stopped as a few more hamsters ran in. " The cats gone!" Murmurs of relief rippled through the crowd " Him and his mate took two lives" The hamsters gasped, I was shocked into silence. "Each!?" Someone in the crowd asked. " No only one each. It was violet and Cosmo." There was silence for a second, everyone processing this loss. After that that there was explosion of talking. I heard weeping as well. Violet and Cosmo were not hamsters I knew personally, but they were hamsters just like me who died today.

I stumbled around the burrow. The scout ham were out now searching to make sure the cats weren't still out. We could only hope the scout hams would come back. I found my mum there was only a few injured hamsters suffering scratches from the cats claws my mum was wiping her magical green paste on their wounds. "You need any help mum?" I asked. "No I'm okay." I nodded and coutuined walking.

I stood on my back feet as I heard the scout hams enter the burrow "all's clear no more wounded or dead outside." That's a relief I thought. I was nervous to go outside even though the scout hams word was never wrong. I turned to the nearest hamster who still looked shocked from the events a golden hamster that looked just like all of us. "Hey do you know if we're going to pack up and leave." I regretted as soon as the words escaped my lips I realized it was violet's sister.

"Yeah we're leaving at least three hours south of here" she answered.

And for a split second I wished I was human-owned hamster like the stories my father always told me about, of critter trails and play pens. Humans and free seed whenever you wanted.

I would never want that I thought but something told me I wasn't so sure.
Biscuit123 is offline   Reply With Quote