View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 02:26 AM  
SnoWolf
Hamster Pup

Exclamation Help! Is this considered abuse?

I didn’t know where to post this and I wasn’t sure what to do so as usual I’ve come seeking help. There’s this online user on Facebook that I encountered who doesn’t take good care of their hamsters and showed obvious signs of not caring and ignoring advice even though they have been given it in a mild and tactful manner. I live in Singapore and this person is part of a hamster Facebook group. Please do not dig them up and shame them or bully them, as this isn’t what this post is about. Some of the things this person did is keeping Syrians together, having them use a 14-15cm wheel (it looks about that size). I’m not sure about anything else they’ve done but as far as I can tell they couldn’t care less about what other people feedback to them, and are quite stubborn in their beliefs. I wanted to report this via an online method but for some reason that’s not available and the only way is to report via a phone call. As much as I know what they are doing is wrong I’m not very sure the extent of its severity. Is this considered animal abuse? Should I phone it in and report it? I’m afraid of being brushed off as a nuisance case as to be very frank not many people feel the need to stick up for hamsters as much as let’s say, cats or dogs. Their hamsters aren’t emaciated or in dirty disgusting conditions, and they genuinely seem to love and care for them but they’re doing so in a wrong manner. I’m very conflicted and am wondering if I should even report this at all. I am really really hoping for help and advice.
SnoWolf is offline   Reply With Quote