View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 12:31 PM  
ol nipper
Newborn Pup

Default Chinese hamsters being sold in pairs?

Hiya,

I've just put down a deposit on two Chinese girls that are being sold as a pair. They're fifteen weeks old and the last of a litter of six -- according to the shop owner (a very knowledgeable woman who has a ton of her own hamsters and whose advice for my Syrian has always been excellent . . . which is why this perplexes me), says they've been by themselves for a long time now and she won't sell them separately.

The two currently live together and apparently like it that way. This goes against everything I've heard and read about them and I'm slightly concerned. I'm supposed to be picking them both up in the next few days and am very worried that I'm going to have to split them up. They're sisters and sleep in the same bed; when my fiancee and I went to see them they were very happy to play together, grooming each other, etc.

One of them is very, very laid back (sleeping a lot, etc) and the other is the more active of the two. They're both very healthy but apparently 'have scraps' and 'make up' afterwards. They're being sold as a sociable species . . . has anybody else had experience cohabbing two females? I'm leaving this one to you.
ol nipper is offline   Reply With Quote