View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 02:11 PM  
spacebyte
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Rhubarb and Crumble

I got my Amazon refund today and the refund I got from the large trixie flying saucer actually came to the same amount as two of the 6.5" flying saucers - I just got two. I figure its best to have a backup/ if we need to separate them later they can both have one.

Here's a wee picture of Crumble. The hanging toy in the image uses sisal string - Is this safe for Robos? I remember being told it was the only "rope" safe for syrians.

Also what snacks would you recommend? They really don't seem to care about food!! They eat all their seed mix and that's about it, very little interest in veg or human snacks like cheese, even sunflower seeds aren't that much of a deal to them. Every ham I've had has been up for a look as soon as you start cooking! I've tried giving them peas, peppers, broccoli, carrots, green beans, banana, celery, and even "bad" snacks like cheese and a corner off my toast crust. No interest, maybe a wee nibble here and there and then the rest is left for me to clean out the next day :O You can see from the picture that the millet isn't being "stripped", just a nibble on occasion which seems so unusual to me!

I'm not worried that they're not eating, from cleaning them out I know they are hoarding and making their way through the hoard, but I am getting back into the habit of cutting hammy sized portions off my dinner and they're just not having it :S I thought they'd want some variety and veg?
spacebyte is offline   Reply With Quote