View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 10:20 AM  
Coco61
GrannyHam

Default Re: Maestro is here!

Thank you everyone! There has not been much news recently and no photos. I really must try harder. The biggest problem has been the heat of course. That peaked last week before the thunderstorm broke on Friday night and more rain today. My H worked so hard with frozen water bottles and a small fan near the cage. Then when I came in from work, I would rotate the granite roof with one from the fridge. That gave me the chance to give him some veg in bed. To see his little nose emerge from his nest and take the offering meant I knew he was ok. We have had everything open as much as possible to bring down the indoor temperature by bedtime.
Last night I was rewarded. I went to change his water and feed him...and there was Maestro out and about waiting for me. Haven't seen that during the worst of the heat. He came out of the front door of the HH to see what I had for him. I took the opportunity to scoop him up and weigh him. He preferred to explore on the kitchen counter top but he was still long enough to log his weight at 190 gms. He was 5 months old just the other day so he may still have some growing to do. I think that is a good weight. He is certainly larger than Mocho whose peaked at 168.
I went back to the cage expecting to play with him on my lap with the door resting there too. But he realised that his Saturday monkey nut was in his Sputnik and he was off up there quickly to begin crunching away- a happy boy!
It is set to get warmer again but I don't think it will be as bad.
Coco61 is offline   Reply With Quote