View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 04:37 AM  
BluerayDarkes
PM Fluffy for custom title

Send a message via Yahoo to BluerayDarkes Send a message via Skype™ to BluerayDarkes
Default Re: Missy the escape artist II

We had a hamster called Yummy who often liked to escape. Her first escape happened on the car journey home from the pet shop, she chewed her way out of the box and tried to get out. She lived in two ikea bins to give her more space connected by a DIY tube, the second time she escaped she had managed to push the top of the tube out then climb down the outside of it. Only knew she gotten out when I heard a thud upon the floor, there she was sitting there getting ready to run off.

Third time was due to putting the bins side by side and for that we needed a new hole, we re-sealed the unused hole but she managed to get it open and escape. I was getting up to pee in the night and saw her butt running down the hall way, closed the hole again by taping a jar to it.

Fourth time Yummy escaped she had found a way to get her connection tube to fall out, found she was missing when we got home from grocery shopping. She was not found until the next day, somehow she had managed to get in to the basement. Yummy was lucky as its solid concrete floor and a big drop, she could have broken some bones or landed in the bucket of water and drowned. Yummy got put in to a barred cage after this.

Fifth time she was in her carrier we had to rush out to get bedding, despite the fact I had two bags but they had gone missing. She had escaped her carrier but lucky we found her in the living room, she was put back in to safety before she got in the basement again.
BluerayDarkes is offline   Reply With Quote