Thread: Hamster cage II
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 11:34 AM  
InsiderPhD
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster cage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
It looks amazing. Probably best to give them a couple of weeks without disturbance or cleaning now after the changes to give them chance to adjust and re-scent mark everywhere

Just wondering what diet they have? It looks like quite a bit of lettuce or cabbage in the cage? Both of those arent particularly good for hamsters - can't remember why. Maybe a tiny bit very infrequently. There are lots of other veg they can have - broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, peas. Also wondered what their mix is as it doesn't seem like a muesli. Burgess Dwarf hamster food is a good mix for dwarf hamsters.
Thank you for your concern, they just have left overs from a herb-digging toy which is why you see little green bits everywhere. They have Burgess Dwarf hamster mix but also some pellets as Phaistos tends to go straight for the good surgary stuff and leave the bits she doesn't like to Button, so we want a more varied diet for them. They get fresh veg a few times a week, mostly broccoli/kale due to the sugar levels of fruit we avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha04 View Post
The cage looks so amazing, you did such a great job! I really love that you gave your ham a digging corner! I think Phaistos is loving it already! Phaistos is so cute exploring! What did she have to go to the vet for? I hope she’s okay!
She's struggling with her immune system, she's being treated for mites and general pain, we're hoping she gets better within the next week or so. The vet said that if there's no improvement we need to look at being her advocate and making the decision to end her suffering.
InsiderPhD is offline   Reply With Quote