View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:20 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Should I clean my hamster's tube? *Pic*

Hi & welcome to HC
I agree about removing the tube, this is quite a common problem with new hams choosing to sleep in a tube if there is one & it gets really unhealthy very fast, best to remove the tube & provide a good size house, a cardboard box like a shoebox will do if you don't have a proper house, with no base sat on a deep layer of substrate then your ham can make a proper nest.
Even if you're going to upgrade next month it's too long to leave your ham sleeping in the tube & frequent cleans will just be stressful for him.
Once you've removed the tube it's best to just spot clean pee every day or few days depending on how much you need to do, other than that don't clean for at least a few weeks, you never really need to do a full clean, better to just clean part of the cage every few weeks if it needs it, when you clean always put back some of the old nest & food hoard when you do those areas. Full cage cleans & removing their scent too much or too often is very stressful for them.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote