View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 02:47 AM  
Razor
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Teddy's Thread(y)

Hello! He looks like a lovely young chap! Beautiful picture of him! Look forward to hearing more about him in future posts.
20 gallon long is about 30x12x12 inches right? So that's about 360 square inches of floor space, which is quite small tbh. It is the very minimum that's recommended. The larger the area, the more space they have to run around, burrow or build nests. I'd personally upgrade him to something bigger! After all, more space usually means happier ham! I'd say something between 20-30 minutes of supervised out cage time is good everyday. Longer works too, but you'd have make sure the has access to water too. Watch out for signs that he wants to go back into the cage, this could involve signs of boredom. The alternative can also happen, if he wants to spend more time outside, he will probably show it to you when you place him back inside the cage. I'll leave the fun activities to others though! I usually give my girl either different sections of my apartment to explore or different toys etc each time.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote