View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 10:50 AM  
Amys_Mum
Hamster Pup

Default Adele Syrian - suddenly not drinking and wobbly

Hi, I'm after some advice on my 20 month old Syrian Adele.

Last week she was scratching herself and on Friday I noticed a large bald patch on her left event gland. Vet treated her on Saturday with Xeno 50 and clipped long nails at the same time. Adele was held quite tightly for this - she squeaked at one point which she rarely does.

Sunday morning she seemed fine but by Sunday evening she seemed a bit slower than usual and last night she was very quiet - she normally runs around the cage whenever she hears voices.

This morning I checked on her and she was barely moving, I felt sure she would pass during the day. But she's still with us, but moving about slowly and her hind legs seem weak. She's not drinking but did take some cucumber from me.

I've removed access to the top part of her cage to keep her on one level but is there anything I can give her to keep her energy up? I am off work tomorrow so can take her back to the vets but I need to get her through the night.

I wonder if she's hurt from being held on Saturday? Or if she has something wrong that's been masked by the mites and is now taking hold. I don't want to lose her just yet, if whatever shd has is treatable, she's such a character.
Amys_Mum is offline   Reply With Quote