View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 10:05 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Second Hand Cages

The height is a problem with the Plaza, it should be ok with some careful planning though, you would need to put some shelves in I think, have you had a look at this review? You can see the shelves AP used & how she fitted them with the slightly awkward corners.
I think you would need the shelves a bit higher than that though, if you fill the base completely with substrate & have a large house there you could then add a couple of shelves above that, maybe a lower one for the wheel & a slightly higher one opposite, you could use bendy bridges to make access easier.
Any hard surfaces that your ham might fall onto if it did climb the bars could be covered with hemp mat (you can get that from Zooplus) you could also try attaching some ledges, lava ledges or something similar, to the bars
If you want any more ideas once you've started to set up the cage if you can post a photo we might be able to help with more suggestions.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote