Thread: Tazzie's Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 11:02 AM  
Scarlett Empress
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Tazzie's Thread

Thank you Coco and cypher! I have to admit, I thought she was kind of funny looking to start with - she seemed to have much smaller ears and eyes than my previous hams, and her nose looked so big and pink! But I do think she is a pretty girl. She is so lovely and soft too.

She is still pretty obsessed with her wheel at playtime, although she does do a couple of rounds of the rest of her playpen too. I was hoping to expand it for her but I have just been too hot to do anything.

She was in disgrace last night! She woke me up three times, chewing her water bottle - well it's not actually a bottle, it's a water fountain thing like you use for budgies. I found this worked well with Marty, who always got impatient and chewed her bottle. After getting up to distract Tazzie for the third time, I tooke the fountain out and put a bowl in. She tried to barge out of the cage for a bit of playtime! If she was a bit better about being held, I wouldn't have minded a quick game on my bed, but she is still not 100% ok with being picked up, and she does tend to jump like a flea when I am holding her!

She was very busy tunnelling this morning - I do feel stupidly proud of her for being so hamster-y! She still seems to be peeing in her Rodipet house (I'm so glad I paid all that money for it - !!!) but as I can't easily get at her nest, I think there must be a poo mountain in there somewhere - I have only found half a dozen so far!

RIP Smokey and Marty McVitie xxx never forgotten
Scarlett Empress is offline   Reply With Quote