Thread: Meet Liberty!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 01:09 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Meet Liberty!

Is the room where the cage is cool enough? I was just wondering if the heat might be causing a problem (if it is hot where you are!).
His breathing certainly shouldn't be audible so if it isn't something like overheating then he will need to see the vet.
It will be stressful for him but there isn't really any way to avoid that totally, see if you can get him to climb into something rather than having to catch him then put him in a carrier with some substrate, enough to make him feel safe & comfortable & able to burrow down a bit but not so much you have trouble digging him out at the vets!
I usually put my carrier in a large bag as that helps keep it darker, you could partially cover it but make sure he has enough ventilation.
If it is a respiratory infection & the vet prescribes antibiotics the easiest way to give them is to mix the dose with a little ham safe baby food, about half a teaspoon is plenty. Russian hams seem to like the veg ones better than the meat ones.
Good luck with him, hope he'll be ok.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote