View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 02:50 PM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: SKB’s Photography

Thank you Rads, I am really enjoying my pond as well as my garden wildlife. I haven’t yet seen a hedgehog this year yet but it easy for them to access if they require a drink.

Wildlife Pond Updates plus Sun and Bee Photos

My wildlife pond is doing really well and my garden wildlife have been really enjoying it to. Insects have been laying eggs in the pond - this including a rat tail maggot the larvae form of a drone fly this has to be the strangest thing I have ever seen. Whilst the bees and butterfly have been enjoying the pollen rich flowers surrounding the pond.

Here is a photo I took today of my pond ...

I have been really enjoying my pond snail however unfortunately I have sad news one of my pond snails sadly passed away but the other 4 are still doing really well. My snail eggs have recently hatched so I have lots of adorable tiny baby pond snail (both ramshorn and great) enjoying my pond to - I am really excited to see them grow up in adult snails.

Here are a some of photos of my pond snail and the eggs before they hatched

As well as my new addition of my baby snail I have also got a new species of snail which have also been enjoying my pond. I have identified my new snail as bladder snail which their eggs must have been on my pond plants when I bought them. They are a tiny species of snails - this is a photo with of a full grown bladder snail beside my finger nail for a size comparison.

I also thought I would share a few other photos I have taken this month including sunrise and sunset photos as well as a bee having a rest on a flower in my garden ...

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote