View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 07:52 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Im a newbie to hamster owning, can someone give me some tips?

Hello and Welcome to Hamster Central.
When getting pairs its best to give them two of everything this includes bottles, bowls, hideaways etc as well as ensuring that toys have multiple exits to prevent one trapping the other inside. Ensure the cage has no levels which one cant get territorial over.
It is a possibility that your robos might end up fighting - so having a spare cage is a good idea. The trouble with making a divider is ensuring it is well secured so they cannot squeeze past to get to one another.
Robos cant get wet tail so this isn't something that you don't need to worry about just ensure once you get them home is to allow them to settle properly I like to leave new hamsters a week before starting interacting/taming to avoid causing them to get stressed out - as most petshop hamsters have no or little human interaction before you bring them home.
Robo are very challenging to tame as they are very fast and also a little skittish (this does depend on individual temperament) and often don't enjoy to be handled.
Hamsters shouldn't get wet at all unless completely necessary as they can get a chill even in the warm weather - which can make your hamster really unwell. So instead safe options to keep your hamsters cool is providing ceramic items or granite tiles which help to keep them cool safely.
The most important tip I can offer you is when it comes to taming do not rush your hamsters do it at their pace otherwise they can have set backs or even become scared off you. So it better to go slow than rush things.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote