View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 06:09 PM  
Biscuit123
Newborn Pup

Default Switch (the story of two hams)

I've already written it all up so I'm just putting it on here, but I promise it's 100% my original work! watch out it's kinda cheesy!

Chapter 1 Star Dust

I stretched out as the last rays of sun dispersed behind the towering mountains. I came out of the little tunnel me and my family had made in the deep dirt, as I looked around I realized that nobody was in the little underground cavern with me. I quickly cleaned my self off and scurried out of the tunnel to find everyone was in a bustle in the dusk already finding food I was slightly annoyed by this since I was usually the first one up at dusk. My sister Opal came up to me my eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness and I saw her cheek pouches were full, "Whats happening" I asked "Whats everybody doing up so early especially you" Opal usually slept late into the night no matter what happened. "The Scout Ham says there's theTom cat and his mate,up ahead following our trail" I jumped at the very thought of a cat. "Opal why did no one wake me? This is an emergency!" Opal looked at her paws "Well after what happened last night, Star, we thought we ought a let you have a good nights sleep." I had been hoping what happened last night was all just a dream but it wasn't it came back to me like a wild fire, grandma was insisting she go forage saying I'm not dead yet and how she could still work and help the tribe. She finally won just like she always did. Father sent me and her out we found a few acorns but nothing special. I smelled cat but grandma didn't and plopped to the ground just like the stubborn old ham she was. A cat appeared out of nowhere and i jumped into a pile of leaves leaving grandma out with the cat. And she was killed right before my very eyes. I knew father was beating himself up about saying he shouldn't have sent a young and old ham out together to forage but i knew it was my fault i knew i should have sacrificed my own life for hers. " Hows father?" I whispered to Opal, she shrugged "Distant I think he's scared, its not giving the rest of the tribe very much confidence though" i nodded waking into the bustle of hamsters. Everyone froze I looked around to see what the matter was, and in the shadows his cover blown was the very same cat that killed my grandma.
Biscuit123 is offline   Reply With Quote