Thread: Tazzie's Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 11:04 AM  
Scarlett Empress
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Tazzie's Thread

Coco ha ha yes hamsters don't like to do anything the easy way do they!

flowerfairy I dread to think what would happen trying to get a hammy home once it's chomped through the box, without a carrier!

cypher she chomped through that box like she had been doing it all the life, it was very impressive.

Well, I scattered some food in her house early yesterday evening, but she was tucked up in bed. Then a little while after I decided to give her a piece of millet spray - my other girls have loved ripping them to bits. I opened the top of the cage to put it in, and got the fright of my life when Tazzie did a flying leap into the centre of the cage! I hadn't realised she was lurking under one of the back shelves. I don't know if I startled her as well, and she was leaping to defend her territory, or whether she just wanted to see what I was doing! She s=certainly didn't run away anyway, but had a look across at the millet, so I bent it down so she could see and she came over and had a little nibble.

She was still out when I went to bed, trying to climb up behind her wheel, she kept peeking out and then ducking back behind the wheel if I went near the cage.

When I got up this morning, I had a look if she had gathered up her food - she had taken everything but the yellow corn flake things. Marty would never ever take those either!

She got up while I was thinking about doing my morning workout - so I didn't end up doing the workout and nearly ended up late for work!

She decided his morning that as she had explored underground yesterday, she would explore as high as she could today.

She also managed to bypass the anti-climbing devices (cardboard) that I installed around the wheel!

She noticed that I had opened the cage door to get some better shots -

And came to say hello!

It looks like she is going to bite me in this picture, but she didn't! Instead she decided to do one of those sudden springs that hamsters are so good out. Luckily the cage is only on a low unit, and I was sitting cross legged in front of it, so she landed on my leg before slithering to the floor. I scooped her up and held her to me - she seemed ok with this, then walked down my arm and did another leap to the floor! At this point I tried to scoop her again - she wiggled out of my hands, so I had to resort to grabbing from above. Again, she didnlt seem overly bothered, but I put her straight back in her cage.

I told her we can have a little bit of out of cage time at the weekend, I want to reinforce my play pen first!

My sister has made her a very tiny omelette which I will give her tonight, She took some sunflower seeds from me this morning so I am hoping she will take the omelette from me too.

RIP Smokey and Marty McVitie xxx never forgotten
Scarlett Empress is offline   Reply With Quote