Thread: Tazzie's Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 12:19 PM  
Scarlett Empress
Hamster Overlord

Default Re: Tazzie's Thread

Thanks everyone for welcoming Tazzie!

I have only had a couple of peeps at her today - I heard her scrabbling about in her house this afternoon, so I opened the cage door and rattled the bag of food - and she poked her nose out of her front door. She didn't want to come out though - just grabbed a piece of food that had landed by her door, then ducked back in. I popped a tiny piece of carrot in front of her door, and she grabbed that then disappeared. Just now, I could hear her moving in her house again, so I opened the door and rattled the food bag again - she had a quick peek out and then disappeared, so she is obviously not ready to get up just yet! But she reacted quickly to the noise of the food bag both times - I would like to get her into a routine of waking up at the same time every evening if I can.

But she has certainly been busy today! She spent at least an hour tunnelling this afternoon - I could hear her moving around the cage, and from time to time I could see the Fitch moving. It seems like she is tunnelling out from under the Rodipet house and all around the cage, and I can see that the level of the Fitch is higher than it was, so I guess the tunnels are holding.
It does seem as though she goes back into her house to sleep though.

I have a little video of her chomping her way out of her box on the way home, I was trying to upload it to Flickr so I could share it but it keeps failing. I did manage to get it on facebook so I don't know if this will work - https://www.facebook.com/smokeysdine...9362497558051/

RIP Smokey and Marty McVitie xxx never forgotten
Scarlett Empress is offline   Reply With Quote