Thread: Gaby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 07:47 AM  
Razor
Adult Hamster

Smile Re: Gaby's Thread

Hahaha yes dreamtree1234! However, I did make an even more massive burger during Sweden Rock 2017, a whopping 3.2kg! That was 16 meat patties with bacon and cheese between each layer! I have no idea how the guy who bought it managed to shove it all down his throat! The record at the store currently stands at 3.4kg! Here's a link to the store's Facebook page, with the super massive burgers.
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more with your friend! Here's a little teaser from me, to compel your visit to experience Norway and the rest of the Scandinavian nature. None of the photos have been edited!

This first one is the campsite of my last night during the hike, by sandy shores of lake Russvattnet.
IMG_20170705_053019.jpg
This is the famous Besseggen Ridge
IMG_20170705_174113.jpg
And another valley, don't remember the name, just before Scandinavia's highest peak, Galdhøpiggen
IMG_20170706_173242.jpg

Gaby's little rituals and quirks never fail to impress me! I usually come back home quite late from university. Gaby is usually awake by then. The moment she hears me unlocking the door, she just stops doing whatever she is doing and waits to hear my voice. And then, she goes nuts! Zipping all around the cage, standing up on her hind legs, making the cutest faces to be picked up! Oh wait, but before she is picked up, she has to be fed her two mealworms first. And then, she has a quick bath and jumps onto my hands. After the quadzillion cuddles, when I drop her back, if it's the third day since the last scatter feed, she reminds me that she wants to be scatter fed! She runs around the cage, sniffing, pauses, looks at me, repeat! She does get upset if I don't scatter feed her then!

Her feeding ritual is usually done in three parts. I have a regular food bowl in which she gets fresh vegetables everyday (kind of funny that I buy more vegetables now because of her!) and a dwarf hamster mix in the form of pellets (can't seem to recall the name right now). The mix is usually changed every 3-4 days depending on how she eats it. Every third day, I scatter feed the Versele Laga Mini Hamster Food. The funny thing about this one is that she doesn't eat any of the sugary stuff like the raisins, which I thought was quite surprising!
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote