View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 PM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: 30 days of June 2018

Souffle I hope you had a lovely holiday! I suppose it does make sense that the activity here fades in and out. This is by far my favorite forum, so it does make me a slight sad to see it somewhat less active

Dreamtree wow! I didn't expect you to have so many favorites I too love the Japanese cherry blossom!

Today will be something that isn't animal related, but rather, food related! I'm definitely not a cook, but I enjoy cooking now, begrudgingly. I realized that I had little skill when it came to cooking, and I had some spare time, so I enrolled in a culinary arts and culture class. It taught me a ton about food, other cultures, and the importance of proper nutrition. I went from frozen dinners being my staple, to actually planning out, and cooking homemade meals! I learned a surprising amount, and had tons of fun too. Now, I strive to make one homemade dish daily. I'm going to share with you guys my absolute favorite dish to make, ramen!

Webp.net-resizeimage (20).jpg

This particular ramen is made with vegetable base, carrots, celery, garlic, and onion. I occasionally add in beans or tofu for extra protein. It takes me about an hour to make, factoring the time it takes to chop all the veggies, and let them soften in the broth. However, it's an extremely fun experience. Do y'all enjoy cooking? What's your favorite dish?

Today's QOTD is- What is your fondest memory?