Thread: Gaby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 08:04 AM  
Razor
Adult Hamster

Smile Re: Gaby's Thread

Thank you Serendipity7000, BorisPasha, dreamtree1234 and SunnyOy.
Serendipity7000 Yes it is! It's such a nice feeling to know that they are waiting eagerly for you when you get back home. I'm not sure I might be able since my trek takes me through the Swedish Alps, making cellular reception even harder to receive in the already remote areas. But I will, every chance I get!
BorisPasha glad you like the video. Yes! It was! I was laughing out hysterically as she jumped out of the corner and onto me.
dreamtree1234 glad that you found the video very entertaining! Indeed, cycling through Sweden and Norway is just really lovely, a friend once said, "When you're in Norway, even a rock on the ground looks beautiful!" I guess she was very right about that! Here's a picture (kind of blurred since I salvaged it from a video) of a hamburger I made when at SRF. From the look on the guy eating it, it certainly was more fun to make it than eat 2kg of meat on a burger. Indeed! It's so very lovely to know that she is waiting for me, with a quadzillion whisker kisses and cuddles at home!
Untitled.jpg
SunnyOy glad you like all the pictures of Gaby. I swear I saw her blushing a teeny bit as I read it out to her.

Yesterday night, when I got back home, Gaby was awake and ready to play. I took her, with a few of her toys and wheel into my bathroom and let her run around freely. As usual, she runs a few laps around the bathroom floor, the climbs up my feet, runs the length of my legs and clambers up onto my left shoulder, scurries over to the right shoulder and then waits for my palm onto which she leaps onto for cuddles for a few minutes. So during one of these elaborate tracks, she pauses and runs on her wheel for a while, well, although I'd say runs at the speed of light. She does this for a solid 5 minutes without a break, and I guess she got a bit warm in the process, and Gaby becomes a cute little pancake, complete with little, faint clicking sounds of satisfaction!

Look! I'm a pancake!
20180614_004341.jpg
A very round and perfect pancake!
20180614_004423.jpg
Complete with Nutella and Syrup.
20180614_004444.jpg

She was fine. Don't worry. Rested up, cooled down and resumed her routine. Later when I dropped her back into the cage, she didn't want to get off me, like always. I placed her close to the half filled, bottle of ice in her cage. And she licked it a bit, sat next to it, enjoying the cold before scurrying into her little studio flat, erm, I mean studio nest.
Ah Sweden. This is not you! You're supposed to be cold and dark and raining! Not warm like the Mediterranean summer!

Last edited by Razor; 06-14-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote