View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 02:11 PM  
nefosaur
Newborn Pup

Default Re: shiny new bin cage made from old cage parts!

velle- haha marvelous! how weird to meet someone else who is playing it right now too! i recently restarted MM 3D and i’m just about to go get the zora mask. ikana canyon is one of my fav places in that game! it used to spook me out so much as a kid and still does tbh. that’s why i love MM so much- it’s so creepy, dark and tense if i ever get a female pair of pets, i’ll name them koume and kotake!
and you’re right, everyone here seems so chill. it’s such a difference from facebook pet groups. nobody here jumps down your throat for having cages a few cm below the RSPCA recommended minimum, lol.

serendipity- thank you so much! i used wire cutters to snip the cages apart and get most of the edges off. then i used a combination of a dremel drill with a grinding wheel on it (which eventually got too worn down to use anymore), a hacksaw (which actually broke, hahaha) and a metal file (not very effective but sands the sharpest bits down) to get the last few pokey bits of wire off the sides of the panels. the dremel drill was the best tool for it- if i did this again i’d ensure i had a few spare grinding wheels and just use that. my dad managed to borrow all the tools from his work, luckily. there are so many tutorials for DIY stuff that assume everyone has all these power tools just lying around hahaha.
nefosaur is offline   Reply With Quote