View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 09:02 AM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: Eros - A 007 Hammy Secret Agent!

Thank you, BP! Eros's cheeks are quite impressive, lol. She sure knows how to stuff them to the max! She is sleeping cozily in her nest probably excited to see what adventures she can when she wakes up.

I have wonderful news to share. Today, I was awaken to the loud chirping of four excited chicks and their two eager parents. After much practicing and encouraging by their doting parents, all four chicks took flight for the very first time and happily flew away to their new homes, where ever that may be. It was such a precious thing to witness, and I'm so overjoyed that they got me up to see it happening as I was so afraid I would miss out on this momentous event. I really wish that I had a video camera to film the whole experience because my pics and words just do not do the experience justice. The Dad demonstrated proper flight techniques by swooping to the nest, flapping his wings, and then flying to a light fixture approximately three feet away. Then, Mum did the same. They took turns doing this for a few minutes, chirping encouragingly as loudly as they could while looking at each chick and cocking their heads as if asking "Any questions?" The first of the chicks to fly was The Crooner; no big surprise there, lol. Then, he/she joined with the parents in encouraging his/her siblings to fly to them. Next, came Tweety (the closest in size to The Crooner and usually spotted on the right side of him - left side in pics). Third, came Chirpy doing the same as the rest. Lastly, after being encouraged by all five birds for a full half an hour, Teeny took flight. Before they all departed, they each took turns cocking their heads at me one last time as if to say their final goodbyes. I was thoroughly touched and overwhelmed with so much emotion that tears rolled down my cheeks. Although I must admit I will miss them all very much now that they are gone, these were tears of happiness and appreciation for all of the amazing adventures they will have and for allowing me to be a tiny part of their amazing lives. May you be safe darling House Finch family, and maybe I will be lucky to see you again one day. Goodbye and good luck my finch friends. As you probably have guessed, these will be the last photos of them. Btw, I know some of you may be laughing since I named the baby chicks, but I just couldn't help myself; I thought The Crooner, Tweety, Chirpy, and Teeny were perfect names for them even for the short time they were with me.

The Crooner takes flight.

Tweety following.

Chirpy copying.

Teeny looking hopeful right before take off.

This is the expression that Eros makes whenever she heard the sounds of the finches chirping right outside of my front door. It is quite adorable and thought it would be a wonderful way to end this post. Who knows, maybe Eros may miss them, too!

What's that? Oh yeah, they are the finches saying hi again!!! They sure are talkative, aren't they?

Oh my, look who is back from their flight so soon! I could hardly believe my ears when I heard a very familiar chirping sound again. It is Tweety and Teeny coming back to their nest for more food from Mum. I guess they decided my house was just too hard to leave and wanted to cheer me up as I am mourning the heartbreaking loss of my beloved, last, green cory catfish named Shamrock who passed to the bridge just a little while ago today. She was with me for five years and had the longest lifespan possible for her breed; she was always the first fish to greet me whenever I looked in the tank (which is quite often) and was the last to say her final goodbye. RIP, Shamrock; you are in my heart always; give a bloopy, wet kiss to all those loved ones at the bridge for me.

Eros decided to come out and give me a lot of cuddles. Aww, she really is my little snuggle ham and never can miss an opportunity to be with me.

Let me give you some ticklish whisker kisses, Mum; I know you want them!

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.

Last edited by dreamtree1234; 06-13-2018 at 12:59 PM.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote