Thread: Gaby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 09:07 AM  
Razor
Adult Hamster

Smile Re: Gaby's Thread

Thank you BorisPasha, dreamtree1234 and Thin Lizzy.

I guess I have been quite inactive on all threads for the past week and half. Lot of things just came up all at once, from my studies to work. The past week, I had been away working at Sweden Rock Festival (SRF), and had left Gaby in the care of a really good friend, who really seems to understand how much Gaby means to me.

SRF I think is a really special place for me, for three reasons, first, The music and the bands that perform here are just absolutely amazing. This year, Ozzy Osbourne performed, and it was almost like a dream to watch him. Second, the crowd and the atmosphere here is so very unique and enjoyable, be at as working or just a visitor and finally, SRF marks the beginning of my adventures for the summer. In 2017, I had cycled halfway up Sweden and into Norway, some 970kms and finished with by trekking in Norway. Check out the video I'll attach below. This year too, I guess it is a start for my three to week long, 440km trek in the land of the midnight sun in Sweden.

I guess at this point you must have connected the dots and figured out the relevance to Gaby. So the past four days that I wasn't with Gaby, my friend attended to her needs, in the very specific way I described to her, and for which I am immeasurably thankful to her. Gaby was fine with it too, I guess. When I came back home and called out to her, she basically just shot out of her burrow and went crazy!
Aaaaaaahhhhh! Hooommmaaannnn!! Where have you been?! I missed you! Pick me up! Play with me!!!!
It was so adorable how she just ran around in excitement and hopped onto my hands, and just played with me. All she did was play with me. She goes to sleep, wakes up and again asks to play with me! We cuddled a lot, and she gave me so very many whisker kisses! Here's a few pictures of her when she first heard my voice after four days.
Reunion 1.jpg
reunion 2.jpg
reunion 3.jpg

Ah yes, that was supposed to be a post too, about her new nest. Her favorite nest rather. So over the past several weeks I noticed she had a little fascination for burrowing under her corner toilet and falling asleep there sometimes. Often, in the process of burrowing under, the entire toilet use to fall into her burrow and she used to get extremely annoyed by that. So I used a empty tea box, cut out the sides to make this corner supporting structure for the toilet. And was she excited about it! She built herself an elaborate tunnel network in front of this and practically shifted home there. Guess it's easier to have an attached toilet to your home than have to scurry to the other end to relieve yourself. But I'm guessing it's also partly to do with the cooling effect the sand might provide as a roof to her nest.

Next month is going to be hard for both me and my little girl as we will separated for too long. I've been getting Gaby more used to my friend so that she doesn't get too anxious when I'm gone. I'm going to miss my little girl during that time, and I hope she won't be too angry at me. But I guess if there's anyone in the world who would truly understand the importance of my trek next month, it is Gaby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote