Thread: Nugget's thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 02:35 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Nugget's thread

About time I updated Nugget's thread! There was some news about him in the April thread but I'll add some of it here as well.

He had a cage change to the Savic Mickey 2XL and he discovered the flying saucer. The intention was that taming and handling would be easier. He is happy and settled in the cage, but has very much disappeared lol! And I've been too busy to make a concerted effort - which would be difficult anyway as he cleverly has more than one burrow so you never know where he is.

He has a tunnel under the piece of cork on the substrate in front of his wheel and eventually made another tunnel into his old nest under the shelf (after ignoring it for a while). And I never see him - lol. He only comes out after dark or occasionally I see him coming out for food - partly my fault as I don't feed him early enough and must start doing it earlier.

When I get chance I will try and do some more out of cage time and taming because he really did enjoy his out of cage time during the cage move.

This is an older photo I hadn't posted before and made into a collage for the April thread

Attachment 45657

His Savic Mickey 2XL cage set up

Attachment 45658

Nugget on his wheel and having a wash

Attachment 45659

And on his flying saucer

Attachment 45660

Attachment 45662

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-27-2022 at 06:40 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote