View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 01:09 PM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: Hamsters and House Fire

I am so sorry that this is happening to you, your family, Stella, and your home. If she is tame, maybe she will come to you if you call to her and offer a few of her most favorite treats where she can get to them. When Eros escaped once, that is how I managed to capture her. I will be praying with all of my heart that somehow she will return to your loving arms safe and sound, and no more damage to your house or wires will occur. As far her chewing wires being a potential fire hazard, I believe that it possibly could result in one (but that will depend on a lot of other factors). It could also potentially electrocute Stella in the process. Hopefully, that won't be the case though. I will be praying for a miracle and keeping my fingers crossed that all will be alright at the end of this ordeal. Maybe you could call a critter rescue facility that may have good options to trap an escaped pet without causing it any harm. I really am so sorry and wish that I could be more helpful, but I have no experience in dealing with this situation. I personally wouldn't gas her, tbh. Hopefully someone will come along and give you options.

I was searching the internet and found out that a few people posted that the RSPCA had helped them with giving ideas on how to capture and save their hamsters who have gotten into predicaments similar to yours. They had success stories where everyone was happy and healthy at the end so I hope this will be the case for you, too. I believe it would be worth calling them and seeing what they suggest is the best route to take. You may also want to get a bucket and lay her nest and some of her bedding in it with her favorite treats to lure her to it and keep her as warm as possible. Place some sort of ramp up the edge of the bucket so she can use it to get inside and check it every half and hour or so. GOOD LUCK, and I really, REALLY hope that you find her and all is fine. Hugs to all of you. Please keep us updated if you have a chance as I am really concerned. Thanks.

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.

Last edited by dreamtree1234; 06-01-2018 at 02:00 PM.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote