View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 07:45 AM  
Velle
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Flora & Mallow; Taming, Nervousness and potentially deaf?

So now with two large cages we've got a new sort of set up for the hamsters and the zoozone 2 is here, which Flora is in.

set_flora.jpg

I've done some very minor adjustments to stop the cats more than Flora. I took off the clips, put some suckers on and some curtain wire for tension to keep the lid down. It's very firm and you can't move the top without moving the wire which is pretty awesome. The clips which were on before were so clunky and loud I was sure I'd freak her out pretty badly if I wanted to open the cage. I spent an entire day on the hunt for mesh wire for the top with no luck. I need to order it online but for now, only the left hand side of her cage is deep.

Her water bottle is kept up with two command hooks and some wire. She seems a lot happier since she's not so easily seen now with the blue bottom. Taming isn't going great since she's still exceptionally skittish. I have a feeling she wasn't handled at all in her life so this is all a bit of a shock to the system.

set_1.jpg

This is a crap photo so please excuse. So the cages are stacked at the moment on a Plasta Module from Ikea. I bought the 80x40x120cm and flipped in on it's side and attached 6 legs. not 100% sturdy but thankfully everything is really light weight on the top. and it's firmly tucked to the wall to give it some extra support.

Mallow is on the bottom since she's not phased by any sounds or movement which is kind of worrying? She doesn't notice you unless your hand is literally touching her nose. The cats do really like to watch her move about but they do for the most part leave her alone. I've noticed that lately she's pretty much using only the right side of her cage. I'm hoping that the cage clean out on the 3rd will help her get a little braver since I think it'd be best to remove all of the bedding so there is no trace of Flora in there.
Velle is offline   Reply With Quote