View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 04:27 AM  
Baron
Hamster Pup

Default Borneo XL: my thoughts and review

The Borneo XL:

Size and where to get:

I have to admit that I was in heaven when I discovered a cage the size of this. I had a syrian girl inside a Barney, and while she seemed fine with it this at first, she soon let me know she needed more space.
It measures around 119 cm in lenght, with a width of 59 cm and and a height of 57 cm. In inches this would be around: 47 by 23 by 22 inch. The barwidth measures around 0,7 cm or 0,28 inch. It's price was around 85 euro. There's also an Deluxe version, this is the cages with a few items in it. Then its around 150 euro.

Got it from Zoostore.de and I think If you live in Europe Amazon UK also had it in stock.

Pro's:

-Massive! I use mine for syrian hamsters.
-Lots of room to play around with the cage set up.
-small bars---Also usable for mice. Maybe even roborovski's? (never had them, so not sure.)
-I was finally able to fit my 12 inch silent spinner inside Ray's cage.
-Bars can be folded if you want to store the cage.
-It gave my hamsters the space they needed.
- Very large doors, one in the front and one on the top. I always like this in cages.
- The price is quite good in my eyes. Especially considering that some really bad and small cages go between 50 and 80 euro's where I am from.
- Small barwidth, certain bedding like carefresh won't fall out as easily. Nice for adding more burrowing oppurtinities.

Cons:

-I wished the plastic base was a bit deeper.
-It's kind of hard to get even inside Europe, because they don't ship to all countries
-Hammock/climbing toys required, the fall height is pretty high for hamsters.
-Assembling this cage was not fun.
-If you want/like to stack cages, forget it with this one.

In short:

A really lovely cage, although assembling was a bit of a pain. It doesn't come just in the XL version. There's also the M-version and the L-version.
The bar width gives me other options in the near future to keep either Mice of dwarfs or even a Chinese dwarf inside of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180519_232734.jpg (1.64 MB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg 20180519_232832.jpg (1.91 MB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg 20180519_232804.jpg (1.48 MB, 94 views)
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote