View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 01:13 AM  
Velle
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Flora & Mallow; Taming, Nervousness and potentially deaf?

I've been bringing my hand down from the furthest corner I can from the cage so it's flat and not too imposing, Mallow doesn't seem to mind and Flora very much over thinks everything.

We went against a barred cage with side entrances since our cats have hooked the tip of their nail in the barred section of the temporary and and ripped their nail, because of course they had to do that. It's not even part of the cage, it's on the ground away from the cage. I just have that sinking feeling they'd either use it as an excuse to try to climb the cage or try and pull the cage down by it. They're never alone with the hamsters, but I'd rather keep everyone safe from one another.

I stayed up last night until midnight and saw a little of them both. Mallow was a good girl and took a meal worm from my hand, she also had a very big drink and gave a small go on her wheel. When I came into the office @8am she's been up and about. She's actually having a good zoom around her cage and wheel atm, hurrah!

And Flora actually surprised me a LOT last night. She's usually very flighty and unsociable but she went up to my hand and considered taking the meal worm from my hand. She had a good ol sniff of my finger and the meal worm and then decided that at the last moment it was too scary. Still, that is a staggering improvement! She's up at the moment too, I can hear her bathing and having a drink. Go Flora, go Flora!

I'm also 90% sure that Mallow is deaf, but it's no big deal. She's not reacted in anyway to clapping, scratching, or snapping my fingers right behind her ears. I'm just glad that she's overall a very nice little ham.
Velle is offline   Reply With Quote