View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 10:32 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Flora & Mallow; Taming, Nervousness and potentially deaf?

Try not to worry too much, it's still very soon since they were separated & it can take them a couple of weeks to settle again & adjust to the change.
As long as you can see signs that they are eating ok, drinking & at least running in the wheel or signs that there's been some activity in the night then just give them time.
It can be hard to tell if a hamster is deaf tbh, they rely mostly on scent to get around & find things so even if she is deaf it's not really a major problem although you do have to take extra care to make sure they know you're around so you don't startle them.
I've always found top opening cages difficult & not really the easiest option for taming so always make sure your hand comes from the side as much as possible rather than above when approaching so it's less scary.
For now I would just keep talking to them offer a treat if you see them out but otherwise just see how they go as they adjust & settle again.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote