View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 02:56 PM  
Burakki
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Forgive me, my sweet Prince Lemon

BubbyandHamper, If you want to see more of Prince Lemon, you can find his thread on the second page of Syrian hamster section. There are only six pages, but it's more than this.

dreamtree, since I got my Marti, I can't stop being amazing at how amazing there little creatures are. Despite being so small, they have so much to offer. Talking honestly, I even think that in some ways they are better than cats or dogs, especially when you're too busy to walk a dog or play with the cat. And especially when your mom can't stand fur on our furniture. Hammies are just amazing partners. They are there when you need them, they stay up with you all night, they are always open to something new and are just so curious. You can never grow tired of them. At the same time, if you just don't have time for them at the moment, they can busy themselves at their cages and you don't worry, that they'll destroy your sofa or start howling. I just feel so sorry for people who don't give their hamsters a possibility to shine by limiting them to tiny cages and never playing with them, seeing them only as living toys for their kids. I wish pet stores were more careful with who they sell pets to and which conditions for them they recommend. It just breaks my heart that so many hammies die everyday due to poor care and the owners just throw them away and get another one, who will probably end in the same way. Hamsters deserve better. All pets deserve better.

Lizzy, these people just don't understand a connection you can have with a hammy. They are wonderful creatures. This forum is so amazing, it's so amazing that you can get support here in something that other people just deem stupid. Really, the girls I considered close friends didn't even react to my message about how I buried him. That's so sad, and makes me grateful for this site.

BP, thank you very much for the support. I still sometimes think that it is just a bad dream, but then I enter the room and see the empty cage... I hope he didn't hold any grudge against me, and that he is running to his little heart's content up there in the rainbow wheel.

Mommy to Noir the antique book loving chinchilla
R.I.P. Prince Lemon - my fluffy baby. I’ll never forget you. 23.09.2017 - 17.05.2018
R.I.P. Martina - my golden Queen. You were amazing. 14.02.2017 - 24.01.2019
Burakki is offline   Reply With Quote