Thread: Quick Hello!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 03:26 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Quick Hello!

No problem

It always seems a bit of a shame when they have to be separated but they'll both be much happier now once they've had a chance to settle again.

The Alexander is quite a tall cage, you can put small ledges like lava ledges or other small shelves on the bars almost like steps around the cage so they can climb up onto those & run around but it is still difficult to prevent bar climbing & you have to be really careful there's nothing hard to land on if they do climb, they're quite good at climbing up but not down so they often just let go!
Have you thought about the hamster heaven cage, it's not as big as the Alexander but it's also not so high so there's much less danger of falls, if you do consider it it's best used without the tubes & penthouse, blockers are supplied for the holes.

ETA For some reason I was thinking of Russians rather than robos when I suggested the hamster heaven, sorry! The bar spacing is probably a bit too big for robos, but the Savic Mickey which is virtually the same cage with narrower bar spacing is another option, it is more expensive though.
❤️

Last edited by cypher; 05-19-2018 at 03:44 AM.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote